Saturday, April 9, 2016

'Boys don't cry'!!.....

‘Boys don’t cry’!!.........





Boys don’t cry
Neither do they shy

This is what was told from the time I got my senses
Is it true that I should hold onto this in all consequences?

Do I not have the right to be sad?
Do I not have the right to express if I feel bad?

Why is it that right from the beginning I was told ‘you need to be strong’
‘Never break down how much ever you feel like to throng’

I still remember the first day of my school
All and I, of my age were crying our heart out ignoring the rule

Shhhh!!...told my mom ....‘Boys don’t cry’!!
I immediately shut my mouth with my little palm with a heavy sigh

The next day too was nothing much different
But somewhere within me, I had instilled the ‘no tear intoxicant’

Years flew by in leaps and bounds
A fall here and there, bruises and wounds were the new founds

Again the same theory was repeated... Boys are strong
Hurts are to be ignored as it comes and goes which is not wrong

I do agree that all this is just fine
Growing up like this was happening since my granddad’s been nine

Age passed by to teenage and young age
Physical and emotional changes took a surge

Began the cruise of likes and crushes
Again it was supposedly to be hushed aside with strokes of brushes

In no time I was a grown up boy
Matured and immaculate, a young lad in coy

Secured and safe, earning my own bread
Attached with me few flings on a delicate thread

Here too at times I did not get what I desired
Hard I did try, but things failed making me tired

I wished many a times, I could shed a tear
Especially when losing the girl I love most was my fear

But I was reminded the same old saying
Boys don’t cry and it’s a sin to show your emotion swaying

It was just another phase I know, this too abruptly passed
I feel a bit surprised how successfully this I trespassed

Then I became the responsible man of the house
Wife and kids looking unto me for support in all chaos

Even today, at times I feel like letting me be me at least in a try
But those words reckon behind me .....‘Boys don’t cry’!!

Surprised I am, is this the same what every man experiences
Or is it that only I am a little out of my senses

I wish I too could cry and yell all my woes and fears
At least once I need to tell the world that it’s just normal for boys to shed some tears