Friday, February 13, 2015

You Are My Valentine



                                     You Are My Valentine




Remembering those days when you were just eight and I was eleven.
I stood near you and could sense the heaven

My breath heaved a sigh that was uneven
And I lost myself in you like the Beethoven

That glance or stare was what did the magic
Somewhere I knew that this is going to be pragmatic

Innocence harnessed from that made me miss my heartbeat
And it didn’t take long for me to decide that you are my Miss Sweet

Those days then, there wasn’t a Rose day or a Propose day
So I had the freedom to tell my heart out on any day

Doodling were my thoughts with yours from then on
Happy was my mind and heart that I can let you known

Bundled up the courage, I came up to you
And confessed  "I Love You”

Confused you were I know
But affirmed and attuned to my throw

Nod from you was the ‘yes’ in rough
And that was what I expected and was just enough 

From there started our journey of love
Though hurdles harnessed at every throve

Still goes a shrill through my spine thinking of those days
We paddled together the surfs and turfs in all odd ways

Less isn’t the time we spent together
Today you aren’t with me, but the good memories are near

I am thankful to you oh my love
For trusting, accepting and treading with me the entire shove

Never have I told you, when you were with me
What you were to me and you will be to me

But today here I tell you, that you are my sweet valentine
For the rest of my life or until this sun stops to shine